Welcome. Thank you for visiting the website for the consultation on the emerging redevelopment proposals for Quayside Barking at the Tesco Superstore site in London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.
EcoWorld London is bringing forward proposals which will deliver c.1,760 homes alongside two public squares, creative workshops, residents’ concierge, and a large public courtyard garden.
OUR VISION FOR QUAYSIDE BARKING
- Providing a key element of the River Roding masterplan by delivering c1,760 new high-quality homes
- Targeting 35% affordable housing made up of Shared Ownership and London Affordable Rent
- Promoting sustainable travel by providing ample cycle storage and a dedicated cycle workshop
- A new and improved Tesco Superstore
- Low carbon sustainable energy initiatives and connecting to Barking & Dagenham’s District Heating Network
- Employment generation through the retention of Tesco, new creative workspaces, and construction and operational jobs
- Public realm improvements
- A new footbridge improving connectivity to the town centre
- Publicly accessible landscaped river walk
- Managed amenity & landscaped spaces with play areas for all ages
- Naturalisation of the riverwall